If you watch New Girl, then you’re probably familiar with Schmidt. Nine out of ten times, he’s pretty much what you see in that video. But in episode 15 (Injured), Schmidt said something…profound. For once, he wasn’t JAR’d.
“Treat your body like a temple. Treat your body like a temple” – Schmidt.
1. Eat healthy. This does not mean going on a Whole Foods (whole-lotta-money) diet. Click here for some tips from My Plate on how to stretch those food dollars. Make sure to include grains, veggies, and fruits into your everyday meals. Beware of Suga Suga Suga and Step Away from the Big Mac. And can we get some Waters All Around, Please? Thanks. Eat healthy and you may have what it takes to be America’s Next Fruit Ninja!
2. Be active. The CDC recommends 1 hour of physical activity every day for children & adolescents and 150 minutes of moderate-intense aerobic activity each week for adults. Keep your Head in the Game and play sports! Hear music and Just Dance!
3. Wash your hands. None of us know where those Dolla Dolla Bills Y’all have been. Plus, Clean Hands Save Lives.
4. Don’t smoke. Duh! So, want to go to college? Then you better quit smoking! Click here for tips from former smokers.
5. Stay positive. Stress Stinks! Don’t let your Horrible Bosses get the best of you. And don’t forget about those new years resolutions you made not too long ago. We Like Number 16 of Thought Catalog’s 20 New Year’s Resolutions for 20-Somethings.
6. Get sleep. The CDC recommends 7-9 hours of sleep. Rock-a-bye-baby!
7. Get check-ups. Make sure you’re up-to-date with all of your vaccines and tests. Sexy and I Know It? Yea, that’s great. But did you know that healthy is the new sexy? So if you get sick or feel pain, make an appointment with your doctor. Don’t go playing doctor and diagnosing yourself using WebMD. It’s Trichy Trichy Trichy.
For more info, check out CDC’s Tips for a Safe and Healthy Life.
By ALYSSA LLAMAS
I just watched New Girl and I love it as well as your blog! I love the to the point tips and all of the resourceful links!! Polkadottango will definitely have to share some links to your blog when our Wellness Wednesdays come along. 🙂
Great work, please keep it up!
Love Schmidt and love your tips! Lovely blog 🙂
Pingback: The Awesomeness that is Public Health | getPHYT·